Google Recently Announced Penguin 4.0, Real Time Core Search Algorithm Update
On Friday, 23rd September 2016, Google finally confirmed that Penguin 4.0 was rolled out for all the languages worldwide through Google Webmaster Central Blog Post: “Penguin is now part of our core algorithm“.
What is Google Penguin Update?
Google Penguin Update is an algorithm first launched in April 2012 to demote Websites SERP positions which follows unethical link building practices such as buying links and building irrelevant links to their website in order to get better Website positioning in Google search results. Penguin update was introduced in order to stop spammy links getting link-juice benefits.
If your Website is affected with the latest Google Penguin 4.0 Update, you should follow the 5 steps below to get back the traffic you lost:
- Stop the SEO agency who built spammy backlinks for your Website.
- Check the links yourself for your Website using free online backlinks extracter tools (Majestic, OpenSiteExplorer, Ahref’s or Google Webmaster Tools itself)
- Use Domain Authority & Page Authority checker to see quality of the links and disavow the links with low quality score
- Manually check the links should be relevant to your niche industry, if not you can disav the links using Google’s disavow tool
- Build quality contents on your Website and regularly post product/service updates or news on your blog & share it through Social Channels to reach more number of audiences to get natural backlinks.
Hope this helps. This is our views, we appreciate your feedback through your comments.